- The Open University of Tanzania
Web programming is the practice of writing applications that run on a web server and can be used by many different people. Web programming allows you to turn a simple, static HTML page into a dynamic masterpiece. It allows others to interact with your web site and use the application on any computer with Internet access. It is often easier than programming applications that will run directly on the computer. It allows you to make or edit anything dynamic on your website, such as a forum, a guestbook, or even a form submission. This course will help you understand, what web programming is and why you might want to do it. It is part of the five courses related to Web Application Development.
1. Describe the purpose of Client/Server Architecture
2. Explain Internet Protocols.
3. Demonstrate how web works.
4. Describe importance of Web Programming languages
5. Develop database-driven application using PHP and MySQL
6. Write code to create session and cookies in PHP application
7. Develop application using AJAX to communicate and exchange data to and from server and database.
8. Describe different types of websites and web system’s attacks.
9. Use various tools and techniques to implement web security
1. An introduction to the unit content.
2. Unit outcomes.
3. New terminology.
4. Core content of the unit with a variety of learning activities.
5. A unit summary.
6. Review questions
7. Reference and Further Reading.