- Commonwealth of Learning (COL)
- Open University of Mauritius
This course is an initiative designed to educate students in the area of Digital Marketing. Digital Marketing and Social Media have transformed marketing and business practice across the globe. This course provides an understanding of the ever evolving digital landscape and examines the strategic role of digital marketing processes and tools in designing the overall Marketing strategy and the Digital Marketing Plan. It explores the challenges of Interactive media, the online market place, and the creative challenges of communicating and retention strategies of customers through these media, the main search engines and the future trends in digital marketing.
By the end of the course, you are expected to be able to:
- provide students with the essential philosophies and practices of marketing and digital marketing technologies.
- equip students with specific knowledge in the areas of digital marketing communications
- familiarise students to methodologies, tools and technologies involved in digital marketing.
- provide students with sufficient background that will allow them to pursue their careers in the Digital Marketing area.
Week 1 & 2 : Unit 1 - Introduction to Digital Marketing Topics to be covered:
- -Why, what -Traditional marketing -Digital Marketing Strategy -Plan
Week 3 & 4 : Unit 2 - The Online marketplace Topics to be covered:
- -Digital World -The impact of digital media
Week 5 & 6 : Unit 3 - Relationship marketing Topics to be covered:
- -Customer acquisition and retention CRM -Digital Marketing communications
Week 7 & 8 : Unit 4 - Evaluation and improvement Topics to be covered:
- -Success rate -Churn Rate -Recommendation Systems
Week 9 &10 : Unit 5 - Digital Marketing Channels Topics to be covered:
- -Email marketing -Social media marketing -Affiliate marketing -Mobile Marketing Payment
Week 11 & 12 : Unit 6 - Search Engines Topics to be covered:
- -Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) -Search Engine Marketing (SEM) -Black Hat and Negative SEO
Week 13 & 14: Unit 7 - Trends in Digital Marketing Topics to be covered:
- -Case Studies -Success and Failures -Tools -Innovation
Week 15: Mini Digital Marketing Project Topics to be covered:
- -A case study of a successful campaign -Evaluation of a tool -Implementation of a Digital Marketing Campaign