- Commonwealth of Learning (COL)
- Open University of Mauritius
The aim of this module is to introduce you to Sustainable Development Goals and discuss issues related to sustainable development in business.
On completion of this course, a learner should be able to:
- Analyse the interrelationships between the SDGs.
- Discuss the complexities and challenges of achieving the SDGs.
- Explain the issues relating to the development of a sustainable corporate strategy.
- Identify the four different perspectives pertaining to the traditional Balanced Scorecard.
- Discuss the issues which are integrated in the sustainable balanced scored.
- Define a sustainable business model.
- Explain the concepts of economic growth, sustainable development and sustainable trade.
- Discuss about the case for sustainable trade and its drivers.
- Identify opportunities related to sustainable trade in different sectors such as agriculture and tourism.
- Apply the concepts of sustainable production and consumption.
- Apply sustainability to different business areas including infrastructure, waste management and tourism.
- Explain the concept of industrial symbiosis.
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDG): Challenges, Complexities and inter-relationship;
- Corporate sustainable strategy;
- Sustainable Balanced Scorecard;
- Policies on sustainable balanced scorecard;
- Economic Growth;
- Trade as an Engine of Growth;
- Sustainable Development, Striking a balance between Sustainability and Economic Growth;
- Sustainable Trade;
- Sustainable Trade Opportunities;
- Sustainable Production and Consumption, Fundamentals and trends: Connection with Poverty, Interplay with the life cycle of a product or service;
- Trends in Production and Sustainable;
- Sustainable infrastructure;
- Sustainable tourism;
- Sustainable waste management;
- Industrial symbiosis
Background/pre-requisite: This course does not require any prior exposure to sustainable development or business. Desirable: Awareness of environmental issues and implications for trade, consumption and production.
Professionals in the field of sustainability, NGOs, University students.